Services For Visually Impaired
If you, or someone you know suffers from eyesight difficulties, ask us about our services for the visually impaired.
This includes large print books available in every library and audio books which are stocked in many of our libraries. We regularly receive the latest releases and also stock some classic novels and non-fiction titles. There’s a choice of format too – cassette or CD.
Feel free to browse the shelves or the catalogue. Our staff are happy to help you find a good book if you need some inspiration!
You can also download, ebooks, eaudiobooks and digital magazines for free with our RB digital app. Get Started here
Search for Large Print, Audiobooks and eBooks Online
- Visit our online Library Catalogue
- Enter your favourite author, title or a keyword in the search box. Click search.
- On the left of the screen 'Refine your search', scroll down and select Large Print, Audio or eBooks from the Format List. Please note: on Mobile devices you may have to use the More Search Options link at the bottom of the page
- Click on the 'check availability' tab to see which library has the book
- Use the My Account tab to request a book. You'll need your library card number and PIN
Sometimes Large Print books and audiobooks may not solve your problem. If these don't meet your needs then we can provide information about organisations that can help you. Ask at your library or find our more with Your Reading Choices. You may also be interested in looking at the RNIB National Library Service or seescape (formerly Fife Society for Blind).