Fife Cultural Trust provides creative, entertaining and learning experiences that enhance the quality of life, through our partnerships and in our Museums, Galleries, Libraries and Theatres.
Fife Cultural Trust aims to enable and maximise the creative and cultural potential of those living in and visiting the region.
Guidance of Creatives in Fife
In this section you can discover the breadth of our involvement with cultural organisations, local creative industries and the education sector. You can also find out what opportunities and support we can offer to you or your organisation as well as details of our on-going creative projects.
It includes sections on the following areas:
- Helpful Resources for Everyone
- Resources for Freelancers, Self-Employed and Independent Arts Workers
- Industry-Specific Advice & Resources:
- Funding for Individuals & Charitable/Non-Profit Arts Organisations
- Create in Fife Facebook Group: this group has been launched by ONFife to support Creatives in Fife throughout the COVID-19 crisis. It aims to create a digital community of creativity to help people collaborate, showcase work, get new ideas and stay motivated and inspired throughout these uncertain times. It is mainly for creative professionals, but anyone who is looking for creative ideas and inspiration is welcome to join. All artforms and professions are encouraged to join in.
- Create in Fife Instagram: this is an online platform for creatives to showcase their work. Each week a new person or collective takes over the account. Follow to find out about creatives in your area: https://www.instagram.com/createinfife/
- How to Embrace Working from Home, The Ultimate Trello Guide: Trello have released a guide of tried and tested strategies from the world’s leading companies for remote work.
- Arts Marketing Association: free webinars including ‘Remaining Positive & Resilient’, ‘Creating a Marketing Plan’ and ‘Social Media, Content & Comms in Challenging Times’: AMA have made much of their content free to access, including webinars on ‘Remaining Positive & Resilient’, ‘Creating a Marketing Plan’ and ‘Social Media, Content & Comms in Challenging Times.
- Creative Entrepreneurs Club: membership to the CEC has been made free to creatives throughout the COVID-19 Crisis. As a member, you get 121 personalized business support, free access to digital events, access to resources and join or create online groups.
- Courses for Creatives on Going Digital & Making a Living: https://yodomo.co/collections/making-a-living
- The Ultimate Guide to Virtual Museum Resources, E-Learning & Online Collections: A comprehensive list of virtual museum resources from across the globe.
- Free Online University Courses:
Open Culture list of free online courses from the world’s top Universities.
Coursera have made membership free during the COVID-19 crisis. You can now access a huge variety of courses and gain qualifications from some of the top Universities.
The Open University has an enormous list of free online classes that can be taken from home, in your own time.
- Creative Scotland’s Round-Up of Virtual Content in Scottish Arts
- Social Distancing Festival are taking submissions from Visual Arts, Theatre, Music and Dance from across the UK
- Freelance Artist Resource is a new website has been created for freelance creatives and artists during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Independent Arts Projects Advice & Support for Arts Workers: IAPA presents & tours performance arts projects. They work with artists to create a programme of contemporary performance art, theatre productions for families & communities, and sensory performance for people with additional support needs. Here they signpost to support for independent arts workers from all backgrounds.
- Association of Independent Professionals and the Self Employed have created an online COVID-19 Hub linking to helpful webinars, online content and support for self-employed.
- A-N, The Artists Information Company, COVID-19 Information & Guidance for Artists & Arts Organisers
- Craft Scotland Guide for Maker’s
- Fife Contemporary List of opportunities and links to resources
- Literature Alliance Scotland COVID-19 Advice
- Scottish Storytelling Centre COVID-19 Update
- Scottish Book Trust Resources for writers and freelancers during Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Scottish Book Trust Statement on Coronavirus
- Federation of Scottish Theatre COVID-19 Guidance and Resources
- UK Theatre Industry Coronavirus Facebook Support Group
- Fife Screen Network, an online network for Fife based exhibitors
- BFI, Working in the Screen Sector during COVID-19
- Screen Scotland COVID-19 News & Updates
- Regional Scotland COVID-19 Statement
- Film Hub Scotland COVID-19 Update and Resources
- Corona Musicians: A new page created to support musicians through the crisis
- Musicians Union: Join the union for £1 and get 6 months free. See their page here for the latest advice on COVID-19
- Help Musician’s COVID-19 Advice, Funding & Support
- Music Venue Trust COVID-19 Advice for Venues & Emergency Response
- The Music Managers Forum’s COVID-19 Resources and Useful Information
- Resident Advisor: Self-Isolation 101: Artists Tips for Staying at Home
- Creative Scotland Resource Directory for COVID-19
- Creative Scotland COVID-19 Funding
- Fife Council Culture Grants
- Charity of Excellence Free Online Toolkit & Funder Database
- Visual Arts Scotland, Emergency Arts Workers Support Fund
- Arts & Business Scotland, COVID-19- Sources of Advice & Information
- UK Dance Fund
- Arts & Culture Finance, New finance for UK’s arts, culture and heritage organizations able to demonstrate measurable positive social impact
- Digital Catapult Open call for applications to project funding, closing date Sunday 17 May 2020
- BFI FAN Covid-19 Emergency Funds