Venue Manager - Lochelly Centre
Job Title: Venue Manager
Work Location: Lochgelly Centre
Working Hours: 36 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £24,384 - £30,898
Job Reference: FCT000220
Advert Closing Date: 25th March 2018
We are looking for a creative and resilient leader who understands how to nurture a facility and the team within it.
Lochgelly Centre is a bright, modern and attractive community space, combining a 412-seat theatre, studio theatre, art studios and meeting rooms. The centre is the heart of the local community and also houses a beautiful library and café. The centre is also a consultation point for local council services enquiries.
If you are a people person who enjoys a challenge, excel at nurturing strong relationships and have a keen eye for detail then this is the post for you. We require an individual who has strong customer service experience and an understanding of Health and Safety along with a proven track record of developing initiatives and working in a creative environment.
Fife Cultural Trust is an ambitious charity; our vision is for Fife to be a culturally vibrant and rewarding place to live, work, study and visit.
- Leadership and frontline staff management throughout your venue.
- The future growth and development of the venue
- The delivery of service within your venue, with a business focused approach, to ensure compliance with relevant policies and practices across all areas of responsibility including Health and Safety.
- Driving a consistently high level of customer service provision.
- Ensuring that the facility meets all statutory and regulatory requirements and ensuring policies and procedures are developed to address any deficiencies.
- Liaising with contractors and suppliers to provide services and specialist equipment for the venue, including issues relating to building maintenance, security and cleaning.
- Be the Premises Alcohol License holder for the venue.
- Contribute to the wider organisational development of FCT and support the development of cross-trust collaboration.
- Contribute towards the development of Fife Cultural Trust’s operational plan which encompasses all the Trust’s facilities and their uses. You will be expected to recommend change as required in areas of infrastructure, operations, financial performance and staffing.
- You may be required to work at any FCT place of work within Fife as and when required by FCT.
You will hold a diploma or equivalent qualification in a related field or have relevant experience, equivalent to the above. You will also be required to have a keen eye for detail and be able to demonstrate the following:
1. Substantial management and leadership experience in an operational role within a theatre/performance environment, commercial knowledge, developing complex staff rotas, the delivery of high quality services with a broad understanding of Health & Safety processes.
2. Ability to work flexibly and to prioritise own and others workloads.
3. Experience of performance management and disciplinary policies and procedures.
4. A proven record of promoting an ethos of customer excellence, respect and inclusion.
5. Experience of developing improvement plans for facilities and have successfully delivered and led change in facilities.
6. Strong coaching, people and team management skills tied with excellent interpersonal skills and a confident manner when negotiating and influencing people.
7. A creative and innovative approach to problem solving coupled with enthusiasm, passion and commitment to providing excellent customer service.
What we offer
If this sounds like we’re expecting a lot, you’re right — we are! Because the people of Fife deserve the best. But your best will be rewarded. We offer the successful candidate a competitive salary, contributory Local Government Pension Scheme, child care vouchers, employee discounts, generous annual leave, flexible working schemes and a range of well-being initiatives.
How to Apply
To apply please email your CV, covering letter and equal opportunities monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information regarding this vacancy contact Rosie O’Halloran on 03451 555555 ext. 440679
Fife Cultural Trust is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 25th March. Interviews are scheduled between 11th and 13th of April 2018