Cultural Museum Supervisor - St Andrews
Job Title: Cultural Museum Supervisor
Location: St Andrews
Working Hours: 36 hours per week
Contract Type: Temporary until 30th December 2018
Salary: £19,297 - £21,399
Job Reference: FCT000244
Advert Closing Date: Friday 20th July 2018 – Noon
Fife Cultural Trust are looking for a creative and organised Supervisor to oversee the smooth operation and running of St Andrews Museum. You would also be required oversee and support St Monan’s Windmill, Methil Heritage Centre and The Laing. This is a mobile position due to the remote locations of some of the properties therefore an ability to drive is essential.
If you are a person who enjoys a challenge, excels at building strong relationships and has a keen eye for detail then this is the post for you. We require an individual who has a strong customer service focus with an understanding of Health and Safety. Fife Cultural Trust is an ambitious charity; our vision is for Fife to be a culturally vibrant and rewarding place to live, work, study and visit.
- To supervise staff, allocating and monitoring the progress of work.
- To provide customer or client with services for the museums.
- To handle enquiries from customers, suppliers or clients directly, in a positive and helpful manner.
- To monitor and evaluate the service offered, making recommendations for adjustments and improvements when appropriate.
- To participate in the promotion of services provided by Fife Cultural Trust, particularly within the designated area of responsibility, e.g. exhibitions, displays, activities, room hires for events, Open Days, etc.
- To maintain and manage relevant areas of stock and exhibitions, ensuring a high standard of presentation and stock availability including maintaining accurate records of all orders and receipts.
- To participate in Fife Cultural Trust working groups as required.
- To update manual and computer-based databases as required including financial recording.
- To carry out, and train staff in, agreed customer care services and administrative procedures.
- To participate in the Trust’s recruitment, contribution management and employee development processes as required.
- To monitor sickness absence following appropriate guidelines and approve leave of assigned staff.
- To ensure the collection and collation of statistical data for input to management information systems.
- To ensure the museums are safe and the collections secure, following health and safety and building maintenance procedures when necessary.
- To monitor the expenditure of any delegated budgets, including supplying figures as requested for future funding requirements.
How to Apply
Email the completed application and equal opportunities forms to: email@example.com.
Please note CV’s will not be accepted.
For further information regarding this vacancy contact Rosie O’Halloran on 03451 555555 ext. 440679
Fife Cultural Trust is an equal opportunities employer.
The closing date for applications is midday on Friday 20th July 2018.