FIFE’S CULTURAL CONSORTIUM is a collective of individuals, groups and organisations from across Fife’s cultural and community planning spectrum that exists to ensure a strategic approach to cultural planning in Fife. It is inclusive of the needs of all in our communities and ensures the widest recognition of culture as a tool for community engagement.
Additionally it advocates for the positive impacts of creative and cultural activity on health and wellbeing and reflects the value of culture in the growth of our cultural economy. It is managed on behalf of Fife Council by Fife Cultural Trust and its remit is to:
- Act as the umbrella partnership body for cultural planning in Fife
- Inform and review the development of Fife’s Cultural Strategy
- Promote the contribution of culture to achieve artistic, cultural, economic, social, environmental and health & wellbeing outcomes
- Promote a co-ordinated approach to the development and promotion of cultural opportunities, activities, festivals, celebrations and events in Fife
- Advocate for the role of culture and creativity across services
- Provide information which informs annual reporting
Members are expected to provide us with data on the funding they receive on a 6 monthly basis in order that we are able to collate this information to advocate for the health & wellbeing, social and economic value of cuilture.
It is open to any groups, organisations and individuals in Fife who are engaged in providing creative and cultural opportunities which support:
- Fife's diverse communities
- Cultural enterprise
- Cultural tourism
- Fife's cultural economy
Membership benefits include access to:
- A programme of free training and development opportunities
- Advice and support for your activities.
- A network that offers opportunities to explore new cultural and creative funding opportunities
- A monthly newsletter
- Evidence strong partnership working
- Knowledge and expertise from across the sector
For further information, or if you would like to be a member of the Cultural Consortium and take advantage of the benefits on offer please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the name of the organisation or individual and a contact telephone number and email address, or call 01592 583255.